Maintaining proper balance of calcium and alkalinity is important to the health of all organisms living in your aquarium. The 2-part B-Ionic Calcium Buffer System is the original, unique, easy-to-use, two-component liquid supplement system that has been formulated to provide highly concentrated calcium and carbonate alkalinity, as well as all other important major, minor, and trace elements in the proper ratios to maintain a healthy marine aquatic environment.Benefits:
- Replaces inorganic ions lost from protein skimming
- Maintains ionic balance of aquarium water
- Ensures healthy fish and corals
- Maintains proper pH levels
- Supplies calcium and carbonate alkalinity required for calcification
- Does not contain phosphates or nitrates
- Does not require mixing powders or addition of organic chemicals
- Gallon-sized bottles are concentrated and will require dilution with RO/Di water prior to use
- Start with 1 ml of each component per 4 gallons of aquarium capacity daily
- Do not exceed 1 ml. per gallon in a 24 hour period
- Maintain alkalinity between 3.0 and 3.75 meq/liter (8.4 and 10.5 dKH) by testing daily and adjusting dose accordingly
- Never allow pH to rise above 8.45
- Component A - Carbonate Alkalinity Concentration: 2800 meq/liter (7840 dKH). 1 ml per gallon of aquarium water will raise alkalinity by 0.74 meq/liter (2.07 dKH).
- Component B - Calcium Concentration: 54,000 ppm calcium ion. 1 ml per gallon of aquarium water will raise calcium concentration by 16ppm.
E.S.V. Aquarium Supplies
E.S.V. Aquarium Products is a Hicksville, New York based aquarium supply company that specializes in the production of aquarium additives and supplements. Their 2-part B-Ionic Calcium Buffer System is a staple in the marine aquarium hobby and is the company`s flagship product, earning favorable reviews and rankings from hobbyists of all levels of experience. Their additives are known for being affordable, easy to administer and chemically sound. E.S.V. recently released a spray dried phytoplankton that eliminates the need to culture live phytoplankton. Granular activated carbon, coral glue, salt mix and various other supplements round out their product offerings.